Mission, Vision, Values and Attitudes
The Accommodation Office aims to ensure effective management of the Instituto Superior Técnico accommodation units, Residência de Estudantes Eng.º Duarte Pacheco (RDP) and Residência Universitária Baldaques (RUB), and to achieve full compliance with the quality standards and established guidelines in order to assure proper operation of the Residences and provide high quality service to all users.
Our goal is to become a reference for competence and quality, seeking to be recognised as a reference Office due to its competence and excellent performance in the management area of IST accommodation units. The leadership for satisfaction.
These are the values underlying the action of the Accommodation Office:
- Rigour – to comply in a judicious, timely manner the most demanding ethical parameters;
- Impartiality – to treat with the same degree of relief all subjects, all collaborators and all clients;
- Efficiency – to promote mechanisms of motivation that achieve levels of performance comparable only with the best;
- Ethics – to take a position with exemplary ethical standards of excellence in order to promote the good name of the NA and of the IST;
- Innovation – to pursue the continuous improvement by adapting methods and technologies that provide more efficient solutions.
These values are reflected both in the culture and in the internal behavior, as well as in the public image of the Accommodation Office promoting positive attitudes amongst collaborators such as:
- To have team spirit – to share information with transparency so that no one is irreplaceable;
- To be proactive – to provide solutions rather than posing problems;
- To have initiative – to take risks/make decisions rather than taking no action;
- To be flexible – to accept new tasks and face them as a challenge to creativity and team dynamics;
- To have a good interpersonal relationship – to be able to communicate one’s ideas and respect those of others.
- To ensure compliance with the standards and guidelines established for the operation and use of all accommodation units managed directly by the IST;
- To propose the regulation for the use of the residence and its administration as well as ensure compliance with the regulations in force;
- To organize the application process for accommodation.